Legal update: Sanitary Measures (July 13, 2020).
In order to strengthen epidemiological control, the Health Ministry of Nicaragua published Ministerial Resolution No. 346-2020, which establishes that the following sanitary measures will be taken:
– Request travelers negative test result: Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) for COVID-19, carried out in a period not exceeding 72 hours before entering to the country.
– Non-national travelers with fever or respiratory symptoms may not enter the country.
– National travelers with fever or respiratory symptoms may enter the country, but will pass to domiciliary security, complying with the established protocol.
– Travelers who upon arrival have a negative test result; Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) in real time for COVID-19 and do not present any respiratory symptoms, may have free mobility in the country and will be followed up by telephone, by health personnel for a period of fourteen days.
The implementation and monitoring for compliance of this Resolution is in charge of the General Directorate for Public Health Surveillance.
Legal Update: Migratory Measures (July 13, 2020).
On July 13, 2020, the Nicaraguan Civil Aviation Institute (INAC in Spanish) issued the Resolution No. 016-2020 in which it is agreed that the State of Nicaragua will resume commercial air operations and provides the following:
– Air operators must comply with the provisions of the Ministry of Health in Ministerial Resolution No. 346-2020, of July thirteenth, two thousand and twenty, which also includes passengers and the crew.
– To obtain the approval for the resumption of air operations, operators must to submit to INAC their plan or program to face the Covid-19 pandemic.
– Operators requesting to perform passenger / humanitarian / repatriation charter flights have to submit a series of documents and meet a series of requirements at least seventy-two hours prior to the date of the operation.